Water bottles in the car

I was out for my daily walk the other day with my two girls.  It was a nice warm day and as we walked past a car I noticed that the person had left their plastic water bottle in the front - you know, right in front of the stereo where most people stick their bottles.  I wondered if that person was going to drink the rest of the water in that bottle or reuse the bottle. I hope not. Why you ask?  Well plastic bottles especially when reused or exposed to heat will release chemicals from the plastic water bottle into your drinking water. These chemicals including phthalates and BPA are proving to be very dangerous to your body as basically they are endocrine disruptor's. Doesn't sound good and it's not.

When you leave your car locked up the temperature rises significantly so you can image how hot that plastic bottle gets and how easily chemicals can be released from the plastic into the water.  Probably not something we usually think about but now with more information coming out about what those plastic bottles are made from it is time to be informed and change our habits.

Ditch the plastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment