My plastic free journey - an outcome

As some of you might know I have started on the 'plastic free' journey. A huge journey but I am just taking it one step at a time.  A funny thing I have discovered though - my recycle bin has halved and my waistline is decreasing!

Through research that I do for my website and blog I have found out all sorts of information on what our plastic bottles and aluminium cans are lined with - all sorts of nasties that are invading our bodies and making them sick  That has really helped me not only to stop buying products that are packaged this way (and instead buy fresh options) but also has helped the waistline a bit.  You see I now think twice before picking up that bottle of soft drink in the supermarket or the lolly packets and chips wrapped in plastic, and cordial.  And for some reason my mind has decided that pre-packaged sauces are no good either - you know the spaghetti sauces, Indian sauces etc. Most of them are packaged in glass but I started to take note of what crap actually is in these products - but that's another blog post. 

Now if I can only get the supermarkets and local shop to stop trying to package my goods in plastic bags even though I give them my eco bag...........it's clean (and not smelly) and it is so much easier to carry my groceries in.  But they still try to chuck a plastic bag in....why?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, why do they try to put everything in plastic. I find that frustrating.

    ReplyDelete