Things that make me happy

I have to admit that being green can sometimes be hard. Not that I am a super greenie, really I am just trying to live a healthier life and hoping to make my kids lives a little bit healthier as well.

My eldest daughter is 5 1/yrs old and I am now starting to see the fruits of my labour. My little girl only uses a stainless steel water bottle (must have her bottle with her at all times - her request), has her own eco bag and is an avid recycler.    She often switches things off telling me we are wasting electricity and goes mad when she sees litter on the street. Ah, I am a proud mum :)



I was so happy the other month when finally, after months and months of preaching to my sister about the dangers of reusing plastic water bottles, she finally switched over to stainless steel water bottles. She now loves them!  Water really does taste better in stainless steel.

My Sister's fridge :)

So we can make a change and by showing our children they accept it as part of their life. Sometimes we can convert family members or friends and that is just a bonus! Whether they continue on with these 'green habits' is another question but at least we have shown them the right way.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy for your daughter! You just urged my to buy a stainless steel water bottle. By the way, nice banner...

    ReplyDelete