The difference a garden makes

Last year we moved into a new house, well an old house in a new location.  When we moved in I was so excited by the beautiful garden but I had no idea how wonderful it actually was. After living here for a full year we now have been witness to the wonders of the garden.

Summertime the large trees surrounding the house are covered in leaves providing a natural shade and cooling effect for the house.  Come Autumn, the trees lose all their leaves letting the sunshine through to us and giving us that extra bit of sunshine to warm us up.

Mayela raking up the leaves

Now I know this is nothing new but I think it takes a bit of working out to plant effectively in order to provide your house with energy savings.  Our garden keeps our house cooler in summer and that extra bit of sunshine in autumn and winter hitting the windows gives us a bit more warmth and light.  The variety of flowers and plants bring all sorts of wildlife to our garden which is both fantastic for the kids and some what therapeutic to me.  For such a long time I had not seen a butterfly, now I see them everyday.

Hats off to the gardener who planned and planted this garden and a big thank you!

Amanda
http://greenmeoz.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I also love gardens but am not a gardener! My solution is succulents! Oh how I love thee. Unfortunately at the moment we only have a courtyard but I try and have as many pot plants as possible and the beauty of succulents is you can break of a piece and grow a new one at no cost! Love the photo of your little girl raking so adorable.

    ReplyDelete