Plastic free life

How did we become a society so engulfed in plastic? Look around your house and see how much plastic you use - containers, toys, shower curtain, remotes, phones, bottles - all made from petrochemicals.

Perhaps the large companies have provided us with so many cheap products and we have slowly purchased them and accepted a plastic way of life without knowing the consequences. Not our fault really as no-one, up until now, has informed us of how plastic is made, what it is made from and the potential health risks for us.

I joined the plastic bandwagon years ago - love my plastic storage containers and with two kids we are inundated with plastic toys. Well, enough is enough and I am now tackling the job of ridding my family of plastic. Do you want to join me?

Now I know that this could be a very long and perhaps costly task so one step at a time I think. I'll create a 'plastic-free challenge list' - if you have an idea please feel free to comment and we can add it to the list.

So here we go on our journey to a plastic-free, healthier life :) Good luck!

Say NO to BPA and NO to petrochemicals! A healthier life for us and the planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment